Sample Questions that need to be answered at the time of application.
Questions may vary from company to company. Many Linked Benefit Long Term Care policies feature simplified underwriting a process. To submit an application you must be able to answer NO to all of the questions below.
1. Have you ever been declined for long-term care (LTC) or life insurance?
2. Do you use a cane of any variety, walker, wheelchair, or motorized scooter on a regular or intermittent basis?
3. Have you ever been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, or are you taking any medication for memory loss?
4. Have you ever been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, amyotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig s disease), hydrocephalus, or Huntington s disease?
5. Do you have emphysema, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), chronic lung disease, or congestive heart failure? Are you using oxygen for any reason? Are you the recipient of an organ transplant? Are you on dialysis?
6. Are you currently collecting, or have applied for, disability benefits of any kind; or are you eligible for Medicaid? Do you have a temporary or permanent handicap parking placard, plate, or sticker?
7. Are you taking any prescription narcotic drug on a regular basis?
8. Are you currently being treated for cancer or have you had cancer diagnosed within the past three months (other than non-melanoma skin cancer)?
9. Have you had a stroke, Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), or heart attack within the last 24 months, or undergone heart or carotid artery surgery within the last 6 months?
10. Are you in need of assistance to perform any of the activities of daily living (i.e. eating, bathing, continence, dressing, transferring, toileting, or walking?
Note- The above questions are intended to be a tool for your own education to help you decide it a Linked Benefit would work for you. Read each Insurance companies literature and disclosure carefully before purchasing any insurance.